Good by love handles side abs home workout
So you hate your love handles. You want to get rid of them fast, but you’re not finding it easy. Do you want to know what to do about them?
Love handles are that zone located just above the hips. They probably should be called “stubborn handles” or “mission impossible handles” because they feel so difficult to get rid of.
They are also known as muffin tops because of the overhang. I don’t know who gave it these names, but they are pretty catchy and they have seemed to have stuck.
Before I knew how to get rid of love handles it seemed that the fat would always remain there no matter what I did.
It’s a horrible feeling when your fat hangs over your clothes, am I right? Read on to find out what to do about it.
How to get rid of love handles
There are a few key things you can do to get rid of love handles.
- Eat the right foods
- Balance your hormones
- Do exercises that burn fat
- Do the right core exercises
For today we are going to focus on a side abs workout or love handles workout that you can do to get rid of those love handles.
This workout is aimed at beginners to to intermediate and should take about twenty minutes to complete.
The side abs workout aims to achieve two main things:
- Tone and tighten the love handles
- Elevate your heart rate to burn that stubborn fat
To achieve this, we will use a combination of fat burning cardio exercises and exercises that target the oblique muscles, which is the area that your love handles are located.
What you will need for this Love handle workout
- A stopwatch or interval timer app.
- A mat to lie on.
- Heart rate monitor (optional)
- And that’s it.
Side Abs workout Exercises
- Obliques twist bent
- Mountain climbers
- Ankle touches
- Plank Spiderman
- Squat thrusts
- Bicycle abs
- High knees (run as fast as you can and pump the arms)
- Russian twists
- Tuck jumps
How to do this Love handle workout
- Perform all exercises for 30 seconds followed by a 30 second rest. Do as many reps as you can in the 30 seconds.
- Count your repetitions and keep track of how many repetitions you do so that you can monitor your improvements.
- Make sure that you get your heart rate up as high as you can
How to do the exercises in your side abs love handle burning workout[/vc_column_text]
1) Obliques twist bent
- Lie down on your back with arms stretched outward. Bend your knees and hips to 90 degrees as demonstrated in the video.
- As you rotate your knees from side to side make sure that your knees do not come up off the floor
- Jump as high as you can making sure you give maximal effort to perform an explosive jump.
- You can keep your arms by your side or swing them up in the air as you jump, it’s your choice.
- Once you land squat down and place your hands on the floor.
- Jump your legs back until your bum flattens and then jump your legs back into your chest
3) Ankle touches
- To find your start position bend your knees and make sure that you need fully side bend at least 4 inches to touch your ankles
- Each time you touch your ankles you should feel your side muscles working.
- Perform the ankle touches at a slow to medium pace to really feel the burn
- Go for quality over quantity
4) Mountain climbers
- Perform this movement quickly
- Keep your bum down to activate your core muscles
- Bring your knees up to your hips in a bent position
5) Plank Spiderman
- Start with your hands on the floor
- Keep your hips level with your shoulders and ankles
- Bring your knees up as close to your rib cage as you can
- Make sure your inner thighs are pointing down towards the floor as you are bending your hips
6) Squat thrusts
- Start with your legs fully extended and your hands under your shoulders
- Keep your bum down and your abs tight
- Jump your knees up as high as you can get them and jump them back as far as you can get them
- This exercise should be performed at a fast tempo to elevate your heart rate.
7) Bicycle abs
- Have one your legs fully extended while you bend the other leg and bring it as close to the chest as you can
- Rotate your body until your opposite elbow touches your opposite knee
- Avoid just moving your elbows to touch your knees.
8) High knees
- As you run make sure your knees come level with your hips
- Bend your arms and swing them back and forth
- This is an intense exercise so make sure that you are running fast and maintaining good form.
9) Russian twist
- Lean back until you feel your abdominal muscles engage
- You can either keep your feet on the floor or off the floor
- Rotate your upper body as far round as you can till you feel your muscles engage
10) Tuck jumps
- Lift your knees up as high as you can when you jump
- Make sure that you perform your jump as explosively as you can.
This is a great workout to get rid of those love handles. use this side abs workout plan for the next four weeks and perform this love handle workout 3-4 times a week.
Remember to get your heart rate as high as you can to make sure that your burn enough calories to get rid of these love handles.