Fitness Goal Setting – Why You Need To Plan To Succeed
Fitness goal setting is one of the most important aspects of starting a fitness regime. Fitness goal setting is like a road map on your journey to a fitter and healthier you.
How I use Fitness Goal Setting
As a personal trainer I use fitness goal setting as a way to keep people motivated because fitness should be a lifetime habit. Often people achieve their goals, stop and undo all their hard work. However, if I use fitness goal setting with them they are able to achieve knew goals and set new boundaries.
Fitness goal setting for beginners
At the very beginning of your journey fitness goal setting allows you take into account what you need to achieve week to week, when you want to achieve your goal by, and how to monitor your goals.
Fitness goal setting according to your personality
Are you the type of the person that loves structure or do you live in the moment? This podcast will give you the structure for fitness goal setting.
What you will learn about fitness goal setting in today’s show:
You have to take into consideration how busy you are when your fitness goal setting:
- What are your commitments – kids, work, social life?
- How much time can you commit?
- Why do you want to make fitness fit into your busy life?
- It can be hard so your reason will have to be strong so that you don’t give up
- Will you need to join a 24-hour gym?
- Don’t set yourself up for failure by taking on too much
Be specific about what your goal is when fitness goal setting:
- If you want to get bigger then what will you do, weight training callisthenic training?
- If you want to lose weight, then will you do HIIT or Weight training?
- How will your diet affect your goal?